2020/5/19 - Patch v5.4
BTA v5.4 (aka the "How Many Mechs Did you Make?!" release) has been released to the installer. This comes with a substantial list of changes, see below for details:
- Melee rebalance complete for all mechs.
- Hell of a Deal event is much much better.
- Big pile of new pilot events.
- Added reputation-based ambush events, factions that hate you will ambush you in a duel. Good luck!
- HMG is ballistic now
- BTA Periphery has been released, giving new gear and mechs to the smaller periphery factions so they're interesting to fight and more worth your time.
- Arano Flashpoint updates are complete, now with cutscenes and everything
- Artillery does AoE instability now.
- AMS now does a specific amount of damage to incoming missiles, which all have health, making it a little clearer how AMS works
- Lots of DLL updates.
- We have weapon order changing now, it's very intuitive.
- Mercnews now costs cbills! :P
- There's a new piece of gear, the XL Gyro.
- Planet biomes have been reshuffled so you can't get a planet without contracts.
- NEW MECH: The Chimera, a MW4 40 tonner, has arrived.
- NEW MECH: The Strider, an omni Cicada, is here and looking boxy
- NEW MECH: The Owens, an omni Jenner, has hopped into play.
- NEW MECH: The Blitzkrieg, 50 tons of UAC/20 fun, has sped onto the field.
- NEW MECH: The boombox itself, the Yeoman, has blasted its way into the field.
- NEW MECH: The magical magical Merlin has shown itself at last.
IMPORTANT: v5.4 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v5.4 requires HBS BT patch 1.9.1. Update to that version before installing BTA v5.4. Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves