2020/6/2 - Patch v5.5
BTA v5.5 (aka the "They're In the Buildings, Man!" release) has been released to the installer. This comes with a reasonable list of changes, see below for details:
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY: ConcreteJungle added, a framework that allows for ambushes in urban environments. Be careful wandering through the city, ambushes can be deadly.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY: Piracy pays! Now, if you're liked by the pirates, the pirates might offer you a unique contract with some great rewards. Keep an eye out.
- NEW MECH: The Toro, a Taurian light, added to OpFor, start lists, and stores.
- NEW MECH: The Locust IIC, a Clan 25 tonner, added to OpFor.
- Some core mod updates (CBTBE, Panic System, Mission Control, Bigger Drops, IRTweaks)
- A new mission type has been added courtesy of Mission Control, the Blackout contract. A location of your employer's has gone dark, go find out why. Semi-dynamic, replays aren't always the same!
- The Periphery Cannons got a buff, they're much more dangerous now, watch out.
- The Merlins now actually spawn properly >_>
- LBXs make noise now when you shoot them.
- A lot of various mech fixes.
- Thunderbolt missile health was decreased.
- Custom Merlin/Yeoman added.
- You low on money? Discount Dan's got you covered with his Totally Above-Board Loan Services! Now available on most major worlds!
- Mech Grenade ammo increased.
- Campaign Mission Treasure Trove A made easier.
- Melee actuators (arm only) rebalanced to be percentage based. Battlefists updated as well to be more competitive. No more +120 damage punching Spiders.
IMPORTANT: v5.5 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v5.5 requires HBS BT patch 1.9.1. Update to that version before installing BTA v5.5.
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves