2022/10/5 Patch v14.4
v14.4 (aka the "Station Keeping" release) has been released to the installer. This is a smaller patch but there's some fun toys in here so let's take a look:
NEW MECH: The Hammerhead, a 45 ton Diamond Shark experimental design, has swam into play. Note: the Hammerhead is a canon design from the 3140s, however all the tech involved exists in BTA's timeline so executive license was exercised to include it in BTA as a Diamond Shark exclusive experimental design. You can only get it by buying it from the Sharks.
NEW MECH: The Iron Cheetah, a 100 ton OmniMech fork of the Dire Wolf that speeds it up to a 4/6 using a 400-rated XL engine, has lept into play. The Iron Cheetah is fielded by all the Clans at relatively low rarity and comes in 5 variants.
NEW MECH: The Sidewinder, a 75 ton OmniMech "variant" of the Timber Wolf that slows it down but adds fixed MASC and Jump Jets(??) has airdropped into combat. The Sidewinder is only fielded by the Jade Falcons and comes in 6 variants.
NEW MODEL: There is a new variant of the Hazard called the Hazard II. The Hazard II comes with a Mace and has a newly updated model to go with it. It is 45 tons like the OG Hazard and is fielded exclusively by Circinus as well as being sold by them in their faction store.
NEW GEAR: To implement the Hammerhead it was necessary to create AES, the Actuator Enhancement System. AES comes in either arm or leg form and boosts actuator functionality (arm AES boosts accuracy with that arm's weapons as well as punches and physical weapon attacks; leg AES increases stability and reduces stability damage taken, note that Leg AES can only fit in the Right Leg and takes up space in the Left Leg automatically as well, this is not a bug). You can buy AES rarely from normal Inner Sphere stores (anywhere you could buy gyros or other similar upgrades).
COMMUNITY CONTENT: All CC descritions have been updated to clearly indicate the item/planet/mech/tank is from CC, so that there's no confusion about what's in base BTA and what's not; HVAC/5s got new ammo as well a new variant the Light HVAC/5, also several new HVAC using mechs were added (Enforcer, Firestarter, JagerMech); a missile-based Barghest was added; an Executioner variant called the Executioner II was added.
- FTL LRMs had their clustering modifier reduced.
- Some armors and structures were slightly updated visually (no mechanical changes).
- AC/5 piercing ammo was reduced in effectiveness.
- Several multi-fire weapons had their weapon animations sped up (X-Pulses, PAC/4).
- The Champion LAM and Flashman had their affinities updated to Ice Cold instead of Cool-Running.
- Ridgeline's unique pilot affinity now works with all LAMs.
- The Von Luckner and the Partisan were resized somewhat as they were much too small.
- Stealth armor BAs have been updated slightly (no functional changes on the player end, should be all back-end).
- BA being able to deploy while over-tonned has been fixed.
- Jump Turbines were restricted to LAMs exclusively.
- CLPS was restricted from BA.
- The Blood Asp and the Linebacker had their cDHS kit fixed in place.
- Several Banshees got better hardpoints (-3Q, -3E)
- Buncha dll updates.
IMPORTANT: v14.4 is an "update" update. In this case, clear your Mods folder manually and then run the installer, it'll do the work for you.
IMPORTANT: v14.4 is not a save breaking update, your saves are compatible and will work fine.
IMPORTANT: You can see v14.4's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves
REMINDER: Custom mod commissions are still available if you're interested. If you'd like to get your own community content added to BTA DM me, bloodydoves, and we can work something out.