2022/6/24 Patch v14.0
v14.0 (aka the "It's My Anniversary... But I Got *You* A Present!" release) has been released to the installer. This is a decently content rich patch (thanks to precisely 1 thing), so strap in for it! Let's go:
NEW MECHANIC (kind of): This patch, to celebrate our three-year anniversary I decided to embark on a 2+ week project and bring you a major shop overhaul with the introduction of Factory Worlds. Marked by two new tags on the star map (Factory Worlds and Factory Worlds - Restricted), Factory planets are ones that have on-planet factories that produce certain gear and units. On a factory world, everything it produces is always available when you visit. For instance, on the Draconis Combine world of Dieron, the Grand Dragon DRG-7K is produced. They also produce the Engine Core 360 and the XL Engine that the mech uses. This means that if you visit Dieron, the Core 360 and the XL Engine are both always in stock and there is always a Grand Dragon in stock in the store as well. Some factories produce engines, others produce mechs or tanks, still more produce weaponry. This update adds 130+ factories to the star map. Almost every power has at least 1 factory to sell you things (a few Deep Periphery guys do not and the Clan Occupation Zone does not, other than the Diamond Sharks) so there is a *ton* of stuff in stores now. Go forth and discover who sells what and where! When we can, we'll update the wiki with this information as well. See the FAQ post for further information about the factories and how they work if you want the fine details (you probably do!).
SUGGESTED BEST PRACTICE: This update does not strictly speaking *require* a new career. However, the tags for the factory worlds will not populate on worlds in a career that existed before v14.0. This is a base game limitation. If you want to be able to *find* factory worlds, you should start a new career so you get the tags properly.
UPDATED STORES: To go along with the factory worlds, most stores have had engine cores and stock jump jets removed from them. Additionally, the number of general units in stores has been turned down somewhat to represent that most production is found on the factory worlds. There's still mechs and tanks in general shops of course, we just turned down the numbers somewhat.
NEW VARIANTS: To go along with the factories, there's roughly 50ish new 3060s vintage variants spanning dozens of chassis. Advanced tech is proliferating, units are getting powerful and dangerous, and factories in full production. Keep your eyes open. A full accounting will go the wiki, once we're able to do so.
MAJOR BUG FIX: Paint schemes will no longer randomize on player mechs during contracts! If you were ever sad about the paint schemes not staying as you selected when you dropped into a contract, well, we fixed it! I'm happy about it too, lemme tell ya.
COMMUNITY CONTENT: Not too much CC this patch (though what we have is pretty cool), just the Black Marauder with a unique piece of gear and a pair of Marauder-based Superheavies (the Scorch SH and the Alpha SH).
- Not as many morale boosting things will stack now in combat. Morale is still powerful and stackable, but it's a little less ridiculous now. Maybe.
- There's a new playable tank, the good ol' Schrek PPC Carrier! Huzzah!
- The Nova Cat Omnimech now has a fixed DHS kit. Whoops!
- A number of mechs have had their affinities correctly assigned.
- The Morgan Kell Flashpoint, Braying of Hounds, has some updated text in a few places and has a more interesting unique Stalker in the first mission thanks to a BTA user contributing some work to the mod. Thanks! You know who you are.
- Battle Armor should no longer take damage when falling off a building.
- We've disabled the Buyback shop due to some technical issues we discovered. Sorry, if you were the one person in BTA who heavily used it.
- The Canopians now will conquer part of the unaligned planets in the Periphery in the start of 3063, including the planets of Alloway, Bonavista, Joppa, and (most importantly) Detroit. Detroit will then turn into a pretty decent factory planet after the Canopians conquer it for as long as they hold the world.
- The Improved Blazer received a small damage nerf.
- The BonusDescription for ammunition count on ammoboxes is now more generic. If you can't tell that the Machine Gun ammo box has MG ammo in it, I can't help you.
- Just so many DLL updates, you don't even know!
IMPORTANT: v14.0 is an "update" update. In this case, clear your Mods folder manually and then run the installer, it'll do the work for you.
IMPORTANT: v14.0 is not a save breaking update, your saves are compatible and will work fine.
IMPORTANT: You can see v14.01's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves
REMINDER: Custom mod commissions are still available if you're interested. If you'd like to get your own community content added to BTA DM me, bloodydoves, and we can work something out.