Patch v10.5 - 2021/7/10
v10.5 (aka the "Harden Your Resolve" release) has been released to the installer. This patch is largely a feature and bug-fixing patch with some general BTA News sprinkled in.
NEW MECH: The Gunslinger, an 85 ton twin Gauss monster. Also has some leg guns but who cares about those, not me that's who. You can find it with the Inner Sphere in general and the Federated Suns/Lyran Commonwealth/Free Rasalhague Republic specifically.
NEW MECHANIC: Resolve has changed fairly significantly. There is a full FAQ post about how it works now, but the really short answer is that Resolve is now a per-pilot thing and not a global stat. Pilots track resolve individually and the costs for their abilities come out of their specific resolve pool, not the global pool. To adapt to this, resolve costs have generally changed. The total resolve for a pilot is now 60 instead of 100, Precision Strike and Vigilance are more expensive, and most activated pilot skills now cost resolve to use (their cooldowns have been reduced accordingly). Additionally, the Argo's morale meter now generates a lot less resolve each turn, but more battlefield actions generate resolve (or cost you some if something bad happens to you). The most important thing to note here is that the costs are not final and will see some tweaking going forward, so don't panic about this change. For a more detailed accounting of the changes, please see the FAQ post on Resolve.
UPDATED CONTRACT TYPE: Ambush Convoy contracts are now significantly more fun and doable. Now, the convoy really is a convoy: it's slow moving, lightly armed and armored, and is actual trucks instead of military-grade tanks. Have fun shooting what are essentially civilians just trying to move supplies overland you monster.
- The BTA Throwdown event now properly repairs your mechs afterwards. Whoops!
- The BTA Throwdown now doesn't proc until later into a career and if you pass, it can reoccur so you get another shot at it after you level up your commander some.
- Lots of ReportMe's were fixed.
- The Improved Communications Quirk was updated to increase that pilot's max resolve value.
- A new piece of gear exists, the Master Communication Suite, which increases that pilot's max resolve value.
- The Sprinter ability has been changed entirely to Mech Checked, which lets you deal 50% more stability damage for the turn with all melee attacks.
- Torso Cockpits now work properly again.
- The Pirate King event chain now works with St. Ives, WoB, and Clan Nova Cat.
- Super BTA Pilots no longer can spawn as starting ronin.
- The Inner Sphere XXL is now way more expensive to install. Have fun with that.
- The Highlander and Royal Highlander now assemble together as intended.
- When tanks are destroyed, their pilots now properly take a bunch of injuries, try to not let that happen.
- The Argo's monthly costs are slightly more expensive now.
- New pilot: Gigs.
IMPORTANT: v10.5 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v10.5 is not a save breaking update, your saves are compatible and will work fine.
IMPORTANT: You can see v10.5's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves REMINDER: Custom mod commissions are still available if you're interested. If you'd like to get your own community content added to BTA DM me, bloodydoves, and we can work something out.