Patch v4.5 - 2020/4/3
BTA v4.5 (aka the April Fools Update) has been released. This is a large update with many many fancy shiny things as well as many many bug fixes of note.
- There is a new filter system in the Mechbay with many more categories for things. Look around, you'll come to enjoy it I think.
- There's two new ammos: BEES ammo for the LRM and Shoot and Sit ammo for the Narc, get them both, they're great.
- TSM/Small Shields/Multi-Trac have all been properly added to stores.
- Higher skull missions (3+ skulls) got a difficulty boost like people have been asking for. 5 skulls can be proppa hard, when three bonus lances drop on you don't say I didn't warn you.
- We've begun the Great Melee Rebalance. Mechs are going to have their melee values rebalanced by a set of consistent rules. You'll see numbers change around. We're through the 50 tonners now, the rest to come as we continue working on it.
- Don't Shoot the Dead has been included.
- The IJJs got a buff (more jump distance, they're probably worth another look now).
- The Light Gauss got a stab damage buff.
- Another pile of tanks rumbled into play. Good luck.
- Attack/Defend contracts got a balance pass and bug fix pass.
- The +/++/+++ weapons have gone away from stores/rewards/opfor. Instead, each weapon category that once had a + weapon instead has 1-2 unique weapon varities (so instead of Medium Laser+/++/+++, there is now a Streak Medium Laser and another fun Medium Laser I'll let you find). The following weapons have a special variant: Flamer, Gauss, PPC/ERPPC, ER/Pulse/Standard Lasers, basic ACs, LRMs, SRMs, Machine Gun. All of these except the ER PPC and Flamer have at least 2 special variants to find.
The DLC modules were all updated as well, get any that you need. IMPORTANT: v4.5 is a clear and reinstall update. Clear out Mods, reinstall BTA+optionals and the CAB (using the new installer it should be nice and quick), reinject ModTek, and you're set to go.
IMPORTANT: v4.5 requires HBS BT patch 1.9.1. Update to that version before installing BTA v4.5. Reminder that you will need to reinject ModTek after you update BT to patch 1.9.1
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves