Patch v5.3 - 2020/5/4
BTA v5.3 (aka the Wow That's a Lotta Mechs release) has been released to the installer. This comes with a big big pile of changes, the list of which follows:
- Heat Banks and the Royal Mech quirk work now. They sink a flat amount of heat regardless of environment or condition. The Royal quirk always sinks 12 heat for instance.
- CBTBE has been updated. Mechs shut down from overheat now check for ammo explosions/pilot hits/system damage.
- MASC/Supercharger/cMASC work properly. MASC/cMASC is sprint only, Supercharger is walk only, they are incompatible now. Don't think they show in mechbay correctly still but >mechbay
- Defend Base contracts are now excluded from Mission Control. No bonus lances, no wacky spawns.
- The Great Melee Rebalance continues, this time Heavy Mech Edition
- More Campaign Flashpoint updates! Now through Grave Digging
- MC support lances now spawn a little more rarely at higher skulls (30% instead of 40%)
- Field Repairs has been included. Now OpFor can come pre-damaged according to a variety of patterns, all in lore-friendly ways.
- Fixed the Tournament of Champions FP for the full IS map. Now it'll spawn properly.
- Minor Clan ER laser buffs and minor Clan Small Laser changes to try and balance them a little better.
- Piercing SRMs have been modified to use their own unique ammunition, Piercing SRM ammo.
- There are four new event chains, one each for the following pilots: Optio, Virago, Capricorn, and Darius(!)
- NEW MECH: The Hornet, a 20 ton light fire support mech. It's in starter lists too! Also, it's an egg (seriously).
- NEW MECH: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's... a TRASHCAN! It's the Urbie LAM.
- NEW MECH: The Argus, a 60 ton Davion cavalry mech from MW4 (that's super great looking too).
- NEW MECH: The Zeus X, an experimental Zeus from the Lyrans. Also, it's got sick dagger-wings.
- NEW MECH: The Titan, a Star League prototype the Davions and Mariks dug up in the 3030s. It's 100 tons of brick shithouse, here to crush your enemies.
IMPORTANT: v5.3 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v5.3 requires HBS BT patch 1.9.1. Update to that version before installing BTA v5.3.
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves