Patch v6.4 - 2020/8/9
v6.4 (aka the "Come On, More Mechs? Really?" release) has been released to the installer. This comes with a fairly small list of changes, but there's a a good handful of new mechs to account for.
- NEW MECH: The Dragon Fire, a 75 ton Steiner/Kuritan heavy designed by the SLDF. Find it with the Lyrans/Kuritans.
- NEW MECH: The Crosscut, a 30 ton loggermech used to clear trees. If you want it, you can get it in the Periphery, probably.
- NEW MECH: The Guillotine, a 70 ton SLDF line heavy that's basically a Grasshopper but cooler looking. Find it with ComStar, the Clans, and a few great houses (Kurita for one)
- NEW MECH: The Starslayer, a 50 ton pseudo-SLDF but really Steiner jumping medium. Find it with the Steiners.
- NEW MECH: The Ion, a non-canon 70 ton militarized arena mech. Find it with all five great houses.
- NEW MECH: The Raptor, a 25 ton light Inner Sphere omnimech. It looks like a space shuttle and you can find it with most great houses.
- NEW MECH: The Lancelot, a 60 ton super-fast SLDF heavy. Find it with ComStar, Kurita, and rarely the Clans.
- NEW MECH: The Grendel, a 45 ton Clan fast response scout. Find it with the Clans.
- Added Retrainer (shift-click on your pilot's skills tab when you have Training Module 2 to retrain that pilot, it costs some money so come with cash)
- Gauss Rifle stab reduced, it was a little too high
- MG crit reduced (Array/HMG/LMG unchanged), it was too easy to cheese with MGs
- Unique mechs for Victoria and Kamea added back to the Arano FP chain
- MissionControl updated to 1.1.2
- Weight limit argo upgrades unlocked to only require MechBay 3, not Expanded Drop 3.
- New pilot, Aether, representing team member BlueWinds
- Grayson Carlyle event disabled, since he's dead in 65 and shouldn't be poaching your pilots.
- Smoke animation changed to be less seizure inducing.
- MechBay 5 works properlike now.
IMPORTANT: v6.4 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: If you have issues with the installer, see this post (https://discordapp.com/channels/587764595888881670/659490692955111485/725078952665940041) for details on the BTA pre-cache.
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves