Patch v7.6 - 2020/11/8
v7.6 (aka the "Huh, Not Much Today" release) has been released to the installer. There's not a whole lot here today, but let's get to it anyway.
NEW VARIANTS: A handful of mechs got new variants in this patch: the Toro, Argus, Night Gyr, Mad Cak Mk II, Hunchback IIC, Vision Quest, Anvil, and Uziel all got a new variant.
- The Snub-Nose PPC and Heavy Gauss Rifle have been fixed, they were not doing damage falloff properly and should work better (and more accurately to TT math) now.
- Concrete Jungle updated, modifying ambushes slightly, they should be slightly less predictable now.
- MechWarrior injury timings have been significantly reduced, at user request. You still can take serious injuries so don't push your luck, but a standard 1 severity injury isn't going to be too bad now. Get used to the new timings, we don't plan to change them much further since they are very generous.
- MGs of every stripe have had their crit chances reduced heavily.
- The Big Steel Crab is a little scarier now.
- C3 Master and TAG no longer stack.
- The Superheavies now shouldn't be super crippled.
- Ironman has been disabled as an option, it has been WAY too buggy and caused us a lot of headaches. Sorry, we know it has its fans, but this was necessary for our sanity and for stability purposes.
- Lots of little description and spelling fixes.
IMPORTANT: v7.6 is an "update" update. Run the (new) installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v7.6 is not a save-breaking update, your saves are compatible.
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves