Patch v8.2 - 2021/1/2
v8.2 (aka the "Happy New Mech-Year!" release) has been released to the installer. This is mostly a bug-fixing update, but it's a good one.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY (kinda): Shops, which have been pretty difficult of late, are now good to go. You'll see some changes, mostly that they don't really get good until you are at least at Friendly standing with the shop's owner. As you move up in ranking with that faction, their stores get progressively better. This does include mechs, which they will flat-out not sell you until you are on good terms.
NEW MECH: The ExcavatorMech, a 70 ton Periphery industrial mech turned combatant. It comes in a variety of loadouts, most of them pretty basic. Find it with the smaller Periphery factions (Rim Collection, Circinus, etc).
- The Black Market is back. Hurrah!
- Christmas events set to no longer spawn.
- Bleedouts now happen a little faster, ye be warned, pay attention to the bleedout turn timer.
- Fire (like, fire the terrain type on the map) is less strong, by about 30%.
- Inferno SRMs got a minor buff.
- MGs make a little less heat now.
- Did some mech resizing.
- Sha Yu now has an affinity.
- ComStar got some new mech variants, thanks Tukayyid!
- Enemy mines should now be visible.
- Streak lasers got a small nerf.
- There's a new Location Designator FCS for your cockpit slot. It gives old called shot back, but at a penalty. User beware.
- Arrow and Plasma have the old sound back. The Nuke still has a big roar though.
- The Piranha has cDHS now, because it having SHS was dumb and FASA was wrong.
- The Clan quirk is a little better, to help Clans handle heat a little better.
- There's a pair of Clantech Lancelots, the C and C 2, running around. cLPLs, anyone?
- The Chainelane Isles now properly war against themselves, if you're into that sort of thing.
- cAMS got minor changes.
- Fixed Infiltrator Mk II load crash.
- Removed Loans from shops for the time being to prevent a bug.
IMPORTANT: v8.2 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v8.2 is not a save-breaking update, your saves are compatible.
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves