Pleased with the success of their Stealth Armor, House Liao found themselves in possession of unique technology and decided to press their advantage. Based on that armor, the Stealth Field takes the technology to the next level. Essentially a super-powered ECM suite, the Stealth Field does not render units invisible to anything. Intead, it blankets nearby units with a 'cloaking' effect that reduces their presense on sensors dramatically. This gives the ability to sneak up on target in small groups instead of singly like with Stealth Armor. The downside of the technology is that it also causes heat gain in all affected units.
|Install Location:||Sensors A + B|
- The Stealth Field has a radius of 150 meters around the carrying unit
- +30% harder to spot on sensors or by direct line of sight
- +20% heat generated from weapons fire.
- DESTROYED: Equipped effects disabled
- Takes up both Sensor slots. Incompatible with Rangefinders, Comms Suites, and TTS
- Available for purchase in the Capellan Confederation faction store
- In layman's terms, 30% harder to spot means the enemy 'mech must be 30% closer to you in order for you to show up on sensors
Found On These 'Mechs: Not found on any 'Mechs