Svalinn Energy Shield
The Svalinn Energy Shield, named for a mythological Norse shield that guarded the heavens, is a prototype energy shield system pioneered by the Word of Blake. When activated, the Svalinn Energy Shield reduces all incoming damage to the carrying unit by a massive amount, making the carrying unit nearly indestructible by normal damage. However, it comes with a cost: the system is fragile, prone to failure, and damages the carrying unit's internal structure when it fails. Additionally, the power drain of the Svalinn negatively affects weapon targeting systems, making weapons fire extremely inaccurate while the system is engaged. Still, the defensive benefits are hard to beat. The Svalinn Energy Shield is Community Content gear and is only found as fixed equipment on a Community Content mech - the Ragnarok.
|Install Location:||Center Torso|
- 90% damage reduction while active
- 10% chance of failure on activation
- 40% additional chance of failure on consecutive turns while active
- On a failure, the shield is destroyed
- - 8 accuracy on all attacks while shield is active
- DESTROYED: Equipped effects disabled
- Click the labelled button on the weapons panel in a mission to activate the shield.
- As the shield is fixed equipment you can't permanently lose it if it's destroyed in combat. You'll just need to pay to repair it afterwards in the mech bay
Found On These 'Mechs:
- Ragnarok RGNK-2 (Fixed Gear)