2020/1/1 - Patch v3.9
v3.9 has been released. This release comes jam-packed with stuff, mostly fixes (as is normal), but we've got more mechs, updated Flashpoints, gear changes, and even new contracts! Let's get to it:
- Arm mods have clearer descriptions.
- A number of mechs are clarified to only assemble with themselves.
- An old protoDHS upgrade item was removed.
- There's some new starter lists!
- A handful of quirks became indestructible to prevent bugs (Rugged for instance).
- Improved Jump Jets exist and are awesome (they can't be used with standards though, so keep that in mind). They let you mount more IJJs for more jump, at the cost of tonnage and crits.
- A number of core mods are updated.
- Mission Control has updated and been made a core component, it can no longer be removed. However, it also brings with it stability updates as well as a pair of new contract types (the Solo Duel and the Duo Duel). These contracts are 100% what they sound like: duels. Note that there's a bug with Bigger Drops where the game will sometimes let you drop more than 1 or 2 mechs into these contracts. Just resist the urge and drop with the right number of mechs for the best experience.
Oh, and the entire piloting/heat system got an overhaul. Heat is a big deal now! So is your piloting since falling over is way easier now. Try to not overheat, yeah? ;) Oh, and and the movement system now much more closely matches tabletop movement. So your mechs are going to feel slower
The optional components have ALL been updated: Flashpoint module has some flashpoint updates. Urban Warfare module has updated the Prototype flashpoint for balance and fun. Heavy Metal module has some new COIL-carrying mechs (a Griffin and a Vulcan). There's a handful of new BTA Custom Mechs.
IMPORTANT: v3.9 is a clear and reinstall update. Clear out Mods, reinstall BTA and the CAB (using the new installer it should be super quick), reinject ModTek, and you're good to go.