2021/5/18 - Patch v10.2
v10.2 (aka the "Buttkicking For Goodness!" release) has been released to the installer. This patch is mostly a bug fixing and minor content release.
NEW MECH: The Minsk, a 70 ton Clan mech from the Golden Century, has strode onto the field of honor. Find it with Clan Ghost Bear. Also, remember to always take your copilot hamster with you in the Minsk.
NEW PILOT: Dr. Grant has learned to pilot mechs. And besides, what are mechs but big metal dinosaurs? He also might offer you some work, keep an eye out for it.
FIXED MECHANIC: Support weapons were actually ignoring all evasion which was unintended. Now, they don't ignore all evasion. Instead, they ignore a set amount, you can see their evasion ignore in their descriptions. This was how it was supposed to work all the time, so this is just working properly now.
- We are testing a possible fix for the current melee soft lock issue. This is a temporary fix and is not guaranteed to fix all cases but has been shown to at least be slightly better in testing. Again, this is a *temporary* fix by t-bone and FrostRaptor. A true full-scale fix from KMISSION is still pending. If you have questions or issues, direct them to the BTA Team exclusively since we implemented the fix, do not disturb KMISSION about this for any reason.
- A large raft of weapon changes have happened. Weapons that changed include cLBX, cUAC, cGauss, cFlamer, cPlasma, cArrow, cSSRM, cNarc, cMPL, UAC, SSRM, MG Array, Narc, and Laser AMS.
- A number of support weapons have had the amount of evasion they ignore adjusted as part of the evasion ignore changes.
- Corsairs all assemble together now, like they probably always should have.
- The Whitworth was properly downsized.
- The Osprey OSP-05 was properly scaled.
- Due to some unfortunate behavior from a modeler, the Ballista prefab was changed. It now uses the Marksman's model.
- Some clarification of bonus descriptions took place.
- The Patton/Rommel/Axel tanks now actually use the correct model.
- Changed tank pathing profiles, should improve tank pathing somewhat.
- Starting drop tonnage was increased by 50 tons.
- Vehicle Slot 3/4 now also increase drop tonnage by 50 tons each.
IMPORTANT: v10.2 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v10.2 is not a save breaking update, your saves are compatible and will work fine.
IMPORTANT: You can see v10.2's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves
REMINDER: Custom mod commissions are still available if you're interested. If you'd like to get your own community content added to BTA DM me, bloodydoves, and we can work something out.
Weapon stats changes:
- UAC/2 - heat gen reduced to 3, double tap heat gen reduced to 5
- UAC/5 - heat gen reduced to 8, double tap heat gen reduced to 12
- UAC/10 - heat gen reduced to 12, double tap heat gen reduced to 18
- UAC/20 - heat gen reduced to 15, double tap heat gen reduced to 21
- MG Array - stability damage per shot increased to 1 from 0
- SSRM - damage increased from 8 to 9
- Laser AMS - accuracy increased from 25% to 30%, overload jam chance reduced from 40% to 30%
- cGauss - damage reduced from 75 to 70
- cLBX/2 - range reduced to 120/240/460/720/920, recoil increased to 2
- cLBX/5 - ranged reduced to 90/180/360/540/720, recoil increased to 3
- cLBX/10 - range reduced to 0/160/320/480/640, recoil increased to 4
- cLBX/20 - range reduced to 0/100/200/300/400, recoil increased to 5
- cUAC/2 - single shot heat gen increased to 6, single shot recoil increased to 1
- cUAC/5 - single shot heat gen increased to 10, single shot recoil increased to 2
- cUAC/10 - single shot heat gen increased to 13, single shot recoil increased to 3
- cUAC/20 - single shot heat gen increased to 16, single shot recoil increased to 4
- cFlamer - heat generated (for user) down from 9 to 4
- Plasma cannon - damage reduced from 1 to 0
- cArrow - range reduced to 210/410/700/1330/1550, heat increased from 30 to 35
- cSSRM - Clan streak ranges were increased to match clan SRM values. Damage was increased from 9 to 10
- cNarc - range reduced to 0/60/120/180/240
- cMPL - heat reduced from 20 to 17
- Rocket Launcher - ranges increased to 0/150/330/540/660