2020/10/30 - Patch v7.5
v7.5 (aka the "Don't Hurt Me, Baby" release) has been released to the installer. There is a new installer for this release, make sure you grab it. There's plenty to see, so let's get to it.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY: TisButAScratch has been implemented. This is a new mechanic whereby pilot injuries actually have effects and severities. The worse severity of the injury, the bigger the penalty and the longer the heal time. However, you can also deploy injured pilots if necessary and their injuries will carry over into that mission appropriately. The times on injury recovery have been extended (but are under severe scrutiny). There is a FAQ post with further details. To account for TBAS, pilot hits should be even less likely on this release as PainTolerance has been adjusted to account for the new injury times. Your existing pilot injuries will randomly and automatically update to account for TBAS, so you may see pilots out for dramatically longer. Give your feedback though, we need to hear it.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY: CBTBE has been updated, bringing with it one small but important change. Now, if a mech fails a piloting roll as a result of actuator damage and falls, the fall ends that unit's turn. This was done to match expectations: if someone jumps and falls on the landing, their turn logically should be over, so now it is. No more "prone mech shoots at dude on hill 2 miles away" silliness.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY: Maximum possible evasion has been increased, but with decreasing rewards. Now, each evasion pip past 6 (so pips 7 to 12) is only half as effective and evasion pips can benefit you up to 12 pips (it used to cap out at 8). MedBay 2 and MedBay Hospital have been buffed a little to help out with injuries both early and late.
- The Coolant Pod has been totally reworked. It now is an activated component that reduces heat by 30 on the turn it is activated. It also is now in stores (it somehow wasn't before). Check Chemical worlds for Coolant Pods.
- Ammo Costs have been revised upwards by quite a bit, you'll see the ammo bill increase a lot. However, compared to mission rewards, it's mostly negligible costs still. Unless you nuke a lot, in which case, prepare for sadness in the bill.
- AoE and Piercing ACs have been removed and replaced with AoE/Piercing AC ammunitions. The AoE LRM has also been removed and replaced with AoE LRM ammunition.
- Crude LRM/SRM ammos have been added, with very cheap costs, so they're cheap to run but worse all around. Use them if you're broke and need to run heavy ammunition loadouts.
- Clarified ammo names for display in contract.
- Inferno SRMs have had their heat damage cut in half but do slightly more normal damage now.
- Sprinter works as intended now, whoops.
- Sabot AC ammo was slightly adjusted to be clearer about how it works.
- Certain faction stores have some unique gear in them now. Go looking for the unique gear. (Hint: it's major factions only, the JarnFolk for instance don't have anything new in their store).
- Streak SRMs have had their names rearranged for clarity.
- Some more spawning holes have been corrected and a few flashpoints have been bug fixed.
- Treasure Trove (a campaign FP) has been made somewhat easier.
- Narc is a little clearer in descriptions.
- VSPLs have had a corner case bug fixed.
- We've modified jump distances and jump costs on the Argo layer (jumping between systems) to help cut down on the number of jumping cutscenes you have to watch. Hopefully it helps.
IMPORTANT: v7.5 is an "update" update. Run the (new) installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v7.5 is not a save-breaking update, your saves are compatible.
IMPORTANT: Installer can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/452?tab=files&file_id=4581
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves