2020/7/6 - Patch v6.1
v6.1 (aka the "Christ I Hope This Helps Charges" release) has been released to the installer. This comes with a fairly small list of changes, but there's a little bit of new stuff in there.
- NEW MECH: The Cephalus, a 25 ton experimental Clan Wolf e-war platform. Find it with Clan Wolf.
- NEW MECH: The Septicemia, a 55 ton experimental DFA-focused Clan Jade Falcon platform (it's bad at melee still, it's why it was experimental). Find it with Clan Jade Falcon.
- NEW MECH: The Osteon, a 85 ton experimental Ghost Bear super-durable missile boat. Find it with Clan Ghost Bear.
- NEW MECH: The Hyperion, a 125 ton experimental Clan Superheavy with more free tonnage than good sense. Find it with any of the Clans.
- Aurigan faction stores are now available properly.
- Clan melee even more heavily penalized, they were still physical attacking too much.
- PAI Contest Rifleman IIC included.
- Omnimech gyros are properly uncrittable now.
- Charge is both weaker and no longer has the piloting delta, which will hopefully make the AI much less prone to using it.
- Piercing weapons are now working again, though a little oddly. Play around with them, give us feedback. They essentially need you to strip some armor before piercing properly.
- Mech Affinities now come a little slower, at 5/10/15 missions instead of 2/5/8.
IMPORTANT: v6.1 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
Reminder: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves