2021/3/13 - Patch v9.3
v9.3 (aka the "War Never Changes" update) has been released to the installer. This patch is a pretty Big Deal™ so let's get to it:
NEW FUNCTIONALITY: WarTech IIC has arrived. This is a territory control mod by our very own BlueWinds that allows factions to fight each other for control over planets. Factions will engage in "flareups" that you can join in with to fight for control of worlds. If the attackers win (with or without your help), they gain control of the planet. More details on how flareups work, as well as their restrictions, can be found in a FAQ post both here in the FAQ and on the wiki.
MODIFIED MECH: The Hellhound 1 and 2 have been modified to more accurately represent their MW4 loadouts, both actual MW4 loadout and intended designed loadout that never got made.
- The Reinforced Life Support gear now has a cost. Whoops. Also, the Reinforced Life Support item exists, go check it out.
- The Original Adventurers now have proper portraits.
- A handful of faction stores have some updated content.
- Tanks now have their turrets back, because some tanks not having turrets was too confusing for some players.
- Cougar affinity corrected.
- Sensor/Spotter range increases no longer stack together, which should help neutralize an AI bug.
- Several cockpit mods gained some weight so they're less of a free-roll.
- A few things on the map shuffled around, mostly in the Taurus Cluster so that the map is a little more usable there.
IMPORTANT: v9.3 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v9.3 is not a save-breaking update, your saves are compatible.
IMPORTANT: You can see v9.3's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves