2021/4/24 - Patch v10
v10.0 (aka the "Motha-Fuggin' Tanks" release) has been released to the installer. This is a major major update, read on to see why:
**HOLY SHIT THIS IS IMPORTANT READ THE HELL OUT OF THIS:** v10.0 is a SAVE BREAKING UPDATE. Your old saves are *not* compatible and you *will* need to restart your career. This was a necessity for a number of reasons, sorry, but this was the best time to do it.
**THIS IS IMPORTANT IIC:** v10.0 *hard requires* a new installer. We have updated the installer on the Nexus, you MUST get it to get v10.0. This was done to repair a critical issue that we discovered in the installer. Since we are save-breaking this update anyway, this was the best time to force an installer update.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY: Playable Tanks have rumbled onto the field of battle! Tanks can now be purchased from shops, as well as salvaged from the battlefield. Note that only *some* tanks are available for purchase and to be salvaged, not all tanks, so you can't get everything, just a select curated list we've put together. All five Great Houses, ComStar, and the four major Periphery states (Taurians, Canopians, Outworlds, Marians) will sell you their unique tank lists. Additionally, there are general Inner Sphere and Periphery tank lists in stores. Tanks have a few oddnesses, please see the FAQ post about playable tanks for details. Tanks *do* count against your overall drop tonnage, so keep that in mind.
NEW FUNCTIONALITY: Tanks have been a source of consternation for a lot of players. The main complaint was that stripping evasion from tanks was difficult. Well, that's fixed now. If you use melee against tanks, specifically a kick, it will strip 2 evasion off of them. Yet another reason to give 'em the boot.
UPDATED FUNCTIONALITY: Consecutive bleedout injuries now stack together instead of running in parallel like they used to. If you have a bleedout injury and you suffer another one, it multiplies your current timer by 0.75 and that's your new bleedout timer. This *can* put you to 0 rounds, eject or die, so keep an eye on it.
NEW FACTION (kinda): St. Ives now starts as a faction on the map to begin with. They will be invaded by the Capellans fairly quickly after your career starts, so if you want to make friends, you better do it quick. They also won't be around forever and will cease to exist as a faction eventually, so make friends fast! They also can be allied with as originally intended all along, whoops!
NEW MODEL: The Bane has received a very nice updated model. It's lookin' real sharp!
COMMUNITY CONTENT: A number of new mechs and pilots have been added into the Community Content option. Included are a Roughneck, Enfield, BattleMaster, Stormcrow, and two new pilots (Kotare and Mad Dawg). Go check 'em out!
WIKI UPDATE: We now have active Gear pages, meaning pretty much everything you can put on a mech now has its own page on the wiki for your education. Read away!
- The Operation Bullcat Aurigan Invasion April Fools event has been removed.
- Local government planets on the starmap are now a white color, instead of that nearly invisible dark red.
- Resized some mechs, including several Thugs and the Icarus II.
- The Marauder MAD-5X is now going to be a little less common, it was appearing way too much.
- Players are now immediately allied with the "Self-Employed" faction, meaning you get as good salvage as possible on those Darius missions.
- The Fafnir II and the Mad Cat Mk II - 85 both actually have affinities now.
- The campaign flashpoint mission Treasure Trove, the escape from the SLDF Castle, has been updated. Player mechs are slightly improved, Taurians have been toned down.
- The campaign flashpoint Atlas has been swapped for an Atlas II, should be better.
- Sprinter now works with combat vehicles of all kinds.
- The AI has been slightly updated again, should be slightly smarter.
- A large number of bonus descriptions have been updated for clarity.
- Now if you lose your Center Torso you are more likely to take pilot injuries, that was broken before and has been fixed.
- Grenade Launcher Inferno ammo has been toned down a bit.
- WarTech IIC should now better respect contract requirements, so no more getting stuck in a flareup contract you can't actually do.
- The LAC2 and LAC5 have received more heat generated and a slight damage reduction.
- A number of new mech variants have been added, the Vindicator VND-1SIC, Commando COM-1AK, and four primitive Phoenix variants (PK-1KC, PK-1KL, PK-1KR, PK-1KT).
- Some core dlls updated.
IMPORTANT: v10.0 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: You can see v10.0's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves
REMINDER: Custom mod commissions are still available if you're interested. If you'd like to get your own community content added to BTA DM me, bloodydoves, and we can work something out.