2021/8/8 - Patch v11.0
v11.0 (aka the "Orbital Strike" release) has been released to the installer. This patch is largely a new feature and bug-fixing patch.
IMPORTANT: Standard heat sinks now sink 4 heat, instead of 3. SHS is more viable! Enjoy!
NEW MECHANIC: There is a brand new mechanic for this release, the Airdrop Beacons. These are mech equipment pieces that allow you to call in friendly AI allies to aid you in battle. There is a full description of how they work in here. To get the beacons themselves, you can either start a new game (you get them in the spare parts crate at the start of a new career) or you can look for them in shops, though they are available only very rarely.
NEW MODEL: My big lasery boy the Juggernaut has received a sexy new model. It's sweet, go pick up a Juggernaut on Solaris VII and try it out!
NEW VOICE PACK: The Darth Darius voice pack, courtesy of streamer and all-around good fellow HBFT Gaming, has been included into BTA. It's a fun one, I recommend you check it out for your next commander.
NEW PILOT SKILL: All pilots now have the First Aid ability, which will staunch their bleeding for a brief period. So if you suffer an early bleed out, you can sort of handle it with First Aid. It's an active ability in the active abilities menu for all pilots.
COMMUNITY CONTENT: There's new Community Content, the MechAssault Atlas, a custom Cicada and Panther, and a Schrek with two Binary PPCs. Also, installer note, the installer now won't auto-install Community Content regardless of what you want it to do. Whoops, sorry about that!
- Piloting 10's ability, Mech Checked, was unpopular. So it's now Lightfoot, which makes you immune to land mines as well as letting you use waypoint movement on a sprint. Dance around like a butterfly now!
- Faction stores now have a lot more 'mechs in them. The 'mech selection for the big powers has been extensively expanded and the smaller powers also got a little expansion. If you want to RP as a loyal Kuritan and only drive Drac 'mechs, you can do it easier now (you know who you are, Phil).
- You can now bribe the pirates as intended all along. You can buy pirate bribes in pirate areas (Tortuga, Circinus, Chainelane Isles).
- The world Outreach is now owned and operated by the Wolf's Dragoons. No contracts are available there, but they sell some 'mechs. You might be interested in some of those 'mechs, they include some hard to access stuff like the Marauder II, Imp, Annihilator (DLC required), Hoplite, and more. There might even be a Clan mech in it for you. ;)
- A number of DLC 'mechs have been sprinkled into stores and starting 'mech options. They only apply if you have the DLC, of course.
- You can now fight the Word of Blake in the Free Rasalhague Republic.
- There's a new starting option, the Blakist option, to represent either a ComStar or Word of Blake start.
- A large number of OmniMechs now have fixed e-cooling, as intended from the start.
- Ammo box icons now match their respective gun's icons.
- LAMs turn off when knocked down so that they're not planes on the ground, which was very silly.
- LAMs are much rarer now, they're not quite as prominent. Outside of a few variants, they're basically all ComStar/WoB now.
- Just a whole ton of little fixes and updates.
IMPORTANT: v11.0 is an "update" update. Run the installer again to let it just update your files and you're set to go. The installer auto-updates the CAB and injects Modtek for you.
IMPORTANT: v11.0 is not a save breaking update, your saves are compatible and will work fine.
IMPORTANT: You can see v11.0's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes
REMINDER: You can find the installer on the front page of the BTA Wiki if you've lost it: https://www.bta3062.com/
REMINDER: This update, and others like it, are made possible by my Patreon supporters. Without their support, updates would come slower and be less impactful. If you feel like being a part of the support for BTA, you can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/bloodydoves
REMINDER: Custom mod commissions are still available if you're interested. If you'd like to get your own community content added to BTA DM me, bloodydoves, and we can work something out.